If you plan on voting in-person for the June 9 primaries, the South Carolina State Election Commission has taken steps to protect the health of voters and poll managers.
Some polling places will be relocated or consolidated due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some facilities have declined to be used, and some poll managers have declined to serve. Before going to vote, check your polling location at scvotes.org.
Poll managers will receive special Covid-19 training on applying social distancing and maintaining sanitary conditions in the polling place. Check-in stations and voting equipment will be spaced at least six feet apart.
Election officials are working to source:
- Masks, face shields and gloves for poll managers
- Sneeze guards for check-in stations
- Sanitizing wipes for cleaning common surfaces
- Hand sanitizer for voters and poll managers
- Cotton swabs for making selections on the touchscreen
Voters should prepare by:
- Making sure you are registered to vote, and your address is up to date.
- Check your registration.
- Register or update your address.
- Bringing your Photo ID (or voter registration card if you do not have a Photo ID).
- Wearing a protective mask if you have one.
- Bringing your own pen for signing the poll list.
- Practicing social distancing by spacing yourself at least six feet apart from others.
- Being patient.